Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Had a Dream



I had a dream last night that I went to see Sarah Palin on Long Island. I stayed with friends and ended up missing the appearance because of traffic and time issues. By the time I got there and parked the event was over. I went back to my friend's house. I stepped out on to the back patio at the end of the night and there was Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin.

Not knowing who I was, Glenn Beck stepped up to me and said "be careful about what you say to her. I care a lot about her."

This probably popped into my thoughts because I've been doing a lot of blogging on the mainsream media's treatment of her. This, combined with the fact that I have a bunch of brainwashed friends who live on Long Island, explains Beck's defensiveness in the dream.

Beck was wearing a brownish beige sport jacket and slacks with an open collared shirt. I was wearing jeans with a blue polo shirt. Sarah Palin was wearing dressy shorts that came down to just below her knee (small black and white checkered color) and a black blouse. I swear, I remember exactly what everyone was wearing in the dream.

I put my arm around Glenn Beck and said "I care a lot about her, too." Then I let go of Beck and turned to Sarah and said "when I first saw you, I knew we could get our country back."

She smiled and said "that's what I'm working so hard for."

Then she began walking to the side of the house into the darkness where there was woods. Glenn and I began to follow her. I woke up right then because it was time to go to work this morning.

I'm not a dream analyst. But I will tell you what I got out of this. The fact that Glenn was quick to warn me about talking to her represented a sensitivity to media bias. The fact that I remembered exactly what we were all wearing represented the clarity of our feelings about Sarah and where we knew she could take the country.

The killer part is that she turned her back on Glenn and me almost as she was finishing her sentence about working hard, as if there was a sense of urgency. It had to represent that Sarah couldn't wait and was walking into the darkness and into the woods knowing we would follow her - knowing that we are aware the darkness and uncertainty of the woods was America today and that we would have to walk through that dark night to get to where we wanted to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment